Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 0 hours 10 mins
Total Time: 2 hours 25 mins
1 c. unsweetened pineapple juice
3/4 c. ketchup
1/2 c. low-sodium soy sauce
3 T rice vinegar
1 t sesame oil
1 T sriracha
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. freshly minced ginger
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp. vegetable oil, plus more for grill
1 pineapple, sliced into rings & halved
Thinly sliced green onions, for garnish
1. In a large bowl, whisk together pineapple juice, ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger until combined.
2. Add chicken to a large resealable plastic bag and pour in marinade. Let marinate in the fridge at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
3. When ready to grill, heat grill to high. Oil grates and grill chicken, basting with marinade, until charred and cooked through, 8 minutes per side. Boil reserve marinade to make a glaze.
4. Toss pineapple with oil and grill until charred, 2 minutes per side.
5. Garnish chicken and pineapple with green onions before serving.