We had a sweet potato dish at a bistro recently and it blew me away. I knew it was simple but very good.
Here’s our attempt at recreation and it’s pretty close.
Instant Pot Sweet Potato Mash
- 1 ea Sweet Potato
- 1 T butter
- 1/4 c Heavy Cream or Whipping Cream
- salt to taste
- Do not substitute Yams for the Sweet Potatoes. Scale recipe for your needs
- Cut sweet potato in half length wise. Put trivet or steamer in your Instant Pot and add 1 cup of water. Put potatoes face down on trivet. Close lock and cook for 18 minutes. Let it do a natural release.
- Skins should pull right off. Mash the potatoes and mash the rest of the ingredients into it. We tried a stick blender and got a gluey consistently. Use a fork.
- To do 4 potatoes at a time, use 1.5 cups of water and 20 minutes in the Instant Pot. Mash with 1 c heavy cream and .25 c butter