This is my favorite so far.
Habanero Pineapple Salsa #3 Canned Version
- 2.5 lbs Tomatillos – Roast till they stat turning black
- 4 ea Large Pasilla Chili – Blacken and rinse off
- 6 ea Habaneros – till they are starting to blacken
- 2 ea Carrots
- 1 ea large onion
- 2 ea Jalapeno peppers – Blacken and rinse off
- 4-5 T fresh lime juice – 3 small limes
- 1 cn 16oz Pineapple Rings
- 1 c Reserved pineapple juice
- 1 T dry Oregano
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 2-3 t salt
- 3 T Apple cider vinegar
- This makes 5 pints of salsa that can be canned. We used a hot water bath to can it. If you are not going to can it, you can eliminate the ACV.
- Roast all the veg on a grill. Get the seeds out of the Habs, Jalapeno and Pasilla. Put roasted carrots in food processor and pulse till it’s diced. Work in batches and run everything through the processor. Blend in big bowl. Check heat, add more Habs if you like. Now can it up.