This has become a staple on our family menu. It’s easy, relatively quick, very tasty and will impress the guests.
Download Recipe in MasterCook format: Easy Roasted Chicken Recipe (1.5 KiB, 2,442 hits)
Easy Roasted Chicken Recipe (1.5 KiB, 2,442 hits)
Notice the butter placement
Recipe: Easy Roasted Chicken
Summary: Awesome roasted chicken recipe. We cook this all the time in our house.
- 1 each whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons
- olive oil
- Onion powder
- garlic powder
- 8 pats butter
- To get this right you need a roasting pan and rack.
- Turn your oven on to 350 F. I prefer this cooked with a convection oven.
- Wash the chicken and remove the organ package. Paint the bird with olive oil. Dust the chicken with the onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper inside and out.
- Place the chicken on the rack breast side up. Put some water in the bottom of the pan. I usually put citrus in the cavity. I’ve used onions, lemons and even a tangelo before, another way to go would be to stuff it with herbs.
- Put pats of butter on top of the chicken in 6-8 places.
- Pop it in your preheated oven and cook till it reaches 180. 1-1.5 hours depending on your oven and what temp your chicken was when you started.
- Remove when done and rest it for 10-15 minutes. This chicken comes out perfect every time we’ve done it.