Posted on | March 11, 2017 | No Comments
Not to sweet rub for pork.
- 1/4 c Paprika
- 1/4 c Brown sugar
- 2 tbsps sea salt -- omit if brining
- 2 tbsps whole black peppercorn -- warm then grind
- 2 tbsps whole coriander seeds -- warm then grind
- 2 tbsps Granulated garlic
- 1 tsp Granulated onion
- 1 tbsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp Cherry koolaid mix -- sweetened
- I normally make a double batch of this and store in a glass jar.
- Warm up peppercorns and coriander in a dry pan. Then in a spice grinder, grind to a coarse powder. In a bowl, mix all ingredients. Keep in a sealed mason jar. Add cayenne if you want a Texas style rub.
Posted on | May 17, 2016 | No Comments
This is my favorite so far.
- 2.5 lbs Tomatillos - Roast till they stat turning black
- 4 ea Large Pasilla Chili - Blacken and rinse off
- 6 ea Habaneros - till they are starting to blacken
- 2 ea Carrots
- 1 ea large onion
- 2 ea Jalapeno peppers - Blacken and rinse off
- 4-5T fresh lime juice - 3 small limes
- 1 cn 16oz Pineapple Rings
- 1 c Reserved pineapple juice
- 1T dry Oregano
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 2-3t salt
- 3T Apple cider vinegar
- This makes 5 pints of salsa that can be canned. We used a hot water bath to can it. If you are not going to can it, you can eliminate the ACV.
- Roast all the veg on a grill. Get the seeds out of the Habs, Jalapeno and Pasilla. Put roasted carrots in food processor and pulse till it's diced. Work in batches and run everything through the processor. Blend in big bowl. Check heat, add more Habs if you like. Now can it up.
Posted on | March 19, 2016 | No Comments
Here’s the first version. It’s sweeter.
- 4 Habaneros
- 2 Pasilla
- 4 Jalapeno
- 1 Sweet Onion
- 1 15oz can Pineapple rings
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 Carrots (1/2 cup)
- 6 T Sugar, Brown sugar, honey.. your choice
- 5 Tomatillos
- 1.5 cups White Vinegar
- Roast/blacken in oven or on grill first 6 items. Remove skins where applicable. Cook carrots. Blend everything together. Make about 3 pints. Can or freeze extra.