Posted on | May 17, 2016 | No Comments
This is my favorite so far.
- 2.5 lbs Tomatillos - Roast till they stat turning black
- 4 ea Large Pasilla Chili - Blacken and rinse off
- 6 ea Habaneros - till they are starting to blacken
- 2 ea Carrots
- 1 ea large onion
- 2 ea Jalapeno peppers - Blacken and rinse off
- 4-5T fresh lime juice - 3 small limes
- 1 cn 16oz Pineapple Rings
- 1 c Reserved pineapple juice
- 1T dry Oregano
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 2-3t salt
- 3T Apple cider vinegar
- This makes 5 pints of salsa that can be canned. We used a hot water bath to can it. If you are not going to can it, you can eliminate the ACV.
- Roast all the veg on a grill. Get the seeds out of the Habs, Jalapeno and Pasilla. Put roasted carrots in food processor and pulse till it's diced. Work in batches and run everything through the processor. Blend in big bowl. Check heat, add more Habs if you like. Now can it up.
Posted on | March 19, 2016 | No Comments
Here’s the first version. It’s sweeter.
- 4 Habaneros
- 2 Pasilla
- 4 Jalapeno
- 1 Sweet Onion
- 1 15oz can Pineapple rings
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 Carrots (1/2 cup)
- 6 T Sugar, Brown sugar, honey.. your choice
- 5 Tomatillos
- 1.5 cups White Vinegar
- Roast/blacken in oven or on grill first 6 items. Remove skins where applicable. Cook carrots. Blend everything together. Make about 3 pints. Can or freeze extra.
Posted on | March 8, 2016 | No Comments
Over the weekend I made several attempts at making a Habanero salsa that wouldn’t blow my head off. You can easily adjust the heat by roasting more Habaneros and adding in till you get the heat you want. This is now my favorite salsa. Already ate a pint of it and it’s only Tuesday.
- 7 Tomatillo
- 3 lg Habaneros
- 3 Jalapeno
- 2 Pasilla or Poblano
- 2 lg garlic
- 1 med Onion
- 1 Lime
- 1 cup Pineapple Juice
- 1 can Pineapple rings
- 2 carrots
- 2t salt
- Roast first 9 ingredients in oven or on grill. Peel and boil sliced carrots. Add everything to a food processor or blender and remaining ingredients. Blend till desired texture. Makes about 3 pints.